If you need the low down on LGBTQ+friendly places in Miami, this guide will point you toward safe, welcoming, and fun spots to visit.
If you’re looking for LGBTQ+-friendly places in Miami, you’re in the right city. Miami is a vibrant and diverse city that welcomes people of all backgrounds and orientations. Whether you’re looking for a fabulous drag show, a cozy dive bar, a trendy restaurant, or a lively dance party, Miami has something for everyone in the LGBTQ+ community. Let’s dig deeper.
If you’re in the mood for a cocktail or a beer, there are plenty of LGBTQ+ friendly bars in Miami to choose from. Here are some of the most popular favorites:
• Twist: This is one of the most popular gay clubs in Miami Beach, with seven bars, two dance floors and a diverse crowd. Twist is open every night until 5 am, and there’s never a cover charge. You can enjoy different music genres, from pop to salsa, and watch fantastic drag performances and go-go dancers. Twist is located at 1057 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139
• Jamboree Lounge: This is the only gay dive bar in Miami, and it’s a great place to chill and chat with friendly locals. Jamboree Lounge has cheap drinks, karaoke nights, pool tables, and a jukebox. It’s a low-key spot that doesn’t get too crowded or noisy. Jamboree Lounge is at 7005 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL.
• Bar Gaythering: This is the lobby bar of the Hotel Gaythering, the only gay hotel in Miami. Bar Gaythering is a stylish and cozy spot that offers craft cocktails, wine, beer, board games, books, and magazines. You can also join various weekly events, such as trivia nights, bingo nights, and Bears & Hares parties. Bar Gaythering is located at 1409 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach, FL 33139
If you’re hungry for some delicious food, you’ll be spoilt for choice with dozens of LGBTQ+ friendly restaurants in Miami to satisfy your appetite. Here are a few favorites:
• R House: R. House is a contemporary Latin American restaurant in Wynwood that doubles as an art gallery and a drag brunch venue. The eaterie serves creative dishes with fresh ingredients and global flavors. You can also enjoy their weekend drag brunches, hosted by Athena Dion, Miss Ultimate Miami Drag Queen. R House is located at 2727 NW 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33127 https://secretmiami.com/lgbtq-bars-miami/.
• Palace: This American restaurant on Ocean Drive hosts, arguably, the best drag brunch in town. Palace serves classic brunch dishes and bottomless mimosas on their outdoor patio, while you watch striking drag queens perform on the sidewalk. Palace also has a T dance party on Sundays, with a DJ and dancers. Palace is at 1052 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach, FL 33139
• Loba: This cozy and eclectic restaurant in MiMo serves comfort food with a twist. Popular dishes include fried chicken and waffles, mac and cheese with bacon jam, and vegan burgers with sweet potato fries. Loba also has a full bar with craft cocktails and local beers. Loba is located at 7420 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33138
Just want to hang out with your LGBTQ+ friends or meet new ones? Miami has plenty of options:
• Wynwood Pride: This annual festival celebrates the LGBTQ+ community in Wynwood, one of Miami’s most artistic and diverse neighborhoods. Wynwood Pride features live music, drag shows, art installations, food trucks, and vendors. Wynwood Pride also supports local LGBTQ+ organizations and charities. The event usually takes place in June.
• Gramps: This hip and quirky bar in Wynwood hosts various LGBTQ+ events throughout the week. Gramps has RuPaul’s Drag Race watch parties and drag shows by Double Stubble. Gramps also has Drag Bingo nights on Wednesdays, where you can win prizes and have fun with your friends. Gramps is located at 176 NW 24th St, Miami, FL 33127.
• Aqua Girl: This annual festival celebrates women who love women in Miami Beach. Aqua Girl features pool parties, dance parties, comedy shows, film screenings, and workshops. The festival also funds the Aqua Foundation for Women, a non-profit organization supporting lesbian, bisexual, and transgender women in South Florida. Aqua Girl usually takes place in September.
Despite the rhetoric abounding in the rest of the state, Miami is proudly one of America’s most diverse, welcoming cities in America. It has plenty of LGBTQ+-friendly bars, restaurants, and festivals to prove it. Book a short-term rental through MAK Realty, bring your friends, and find out for yourself.